On Thursday 26th of October 2017, we are launching the Cheap Monday Skull Celebration logo competition, #cheapmondayskull.
To celebrate the holiday that is the inspiration behind our logo, The Day of the dead, we will host a competition. Participants will be asked to add their own design to our logo and will be judged on the creativity, originality and execution of their design.
You can download our logo here:
Download the skull logo (illustrator)
Download the skull logo (pdf)
The design of the logo you enter in the competition needs to be an original design by you and you are not allowed to use any design you don’t have the rights to. It is also important to still be able to identify the original logo clearly and you are not allowed to alter or redesign the logo itself in any way. Since Cheap Monday has registered its logo as a trademark, the participants are not allowed to use their created Cheap Monday logos outside the competition. If the contestants still wish to use their design outside of the competition they must ask for approval from Cheap Monday – contact email@example.com. The participants will then upload it to Instagram and use the hashtags #cheapmondayskull and #itscheapmonday to be in the competition. When the competition ends, on 2017/11/08, we will select one winner. You need to be able to provide us with a high resolution file (300dpi) of your design. The winner will get 10 t-shirts with your own Cheap Monday logo printed on them to give to family and friends. It is not allowed to sell the t-shirts. Additionally, Cheap Monday will print 25 extra T-shirts that will be sold on our website as a limited collaboration and you will also receive a flat fee as royalty for them. The Cheap Monday logo competition jury is
Ireneo Ciammella - @cheapmonday
Ireneo is Cheap Monday’s print and accessories designer. He holds a masters degree from Central Saint Martins in fashion design and has been delivering a fine balance of edge and irreverence into the Cheap Monday portfolio for the past four years.
Carl Malmgren - @cheapmonday
Carl is Cheap Monday’s Creative Director. He has been part of the brand since its inception in 2004 and was in fact the brand’s first employee. He has been part of the brand’s entire evolution and was previously responsible for the denim collection.
Hashtags: #cheapmondayskull #itscheapmonday
Terms & Condition #Cheapmondaylogo
1. These terms and conditions together with any specific instructions on Cheap Monday’s
• Competition website www.cheapmonday.com/Customer_Service/Customer_Service/Cheapmondaylogo-terms-andconditions
• @cheapmonday on Instagram
• @cheapmonday on Twitter
• itscheapmonday on pinterest
• @cheapmonday on Facebook
2. Cheap Monday may, acting reasonably and at its sole discretion, apply, interpret, terminate, alter, limit, suspend or modify the Rules at any time, without notice. Any changes will be posted either within these terms and conditions or on our Competition website. The most recent terms and conditions will always be posted on our Competition website
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules or the results and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administrated by, or associated with any social media platform including, but not limited to Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/Snapchat/Pinterest and you agree to a complete release of Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/Snapchat/Pinterest from any and all liability in connection with this Competition.
5. Employees, officers, directors, agents and representatives of Cheap Monday, are not eligible to enter the Competition. Cheap Monday reserves the right not to award a prize (and to select an alternative winner) if Cheap Monday is made aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that a winner is not eligible.
6. The Competition is open to individuals 18 years or older when entering the Competition, who are not under guardianship, with a residential address in any of Cheap Monday’s markets. If you are aged under 18 years, Cheap Monday assumes (and you warrant) that your parents or legal guardians have given their consent to you entering the Competition and accepting these Rules.
7. You are not entitled to enter the Competition if you are resident in a country or jurisdiction where the Competition may breach any law or regulation. Where this applies, Cheap Monday’s invitation to enter the Competition in such country and/or jurisdiction is withdrawn.
8. Cheap Monday reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants. Cheap Monday also reserves the right to disqualify and remove any entries based on suspicion of infringement of any third party rights or if Cheap Monday has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Rules.
9. By uploading a file with your design with the hashtags #cheapmondayskull, using Instagram you enter our Competition.
10. Only Entries submitted via Instagram which are appropriately hashtagged, described and submitted prior to the Competition’s closing date and time, are accepted. Only Entries from public Instagram accounts are valid as Entries. Proof of posting cannot be accepted as proof of delivery, and Cheap Monday shall not be responsible for Entries not received for whatever reason.
11. By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. You also warrant that you own all rights in and to your Entry and that you have permission from any person/s appearing in your Entry. If you don’t follow any part of our terms and conditions we have the permission to report your submission.
11.1 The design of the logo needs to be an original design by you and it’s not allowed to use any material/prints/illustrations you don’t have the rights to. You are also not allowed to use any other brands logos/assets or content that can be disturbing for anyone in your design. Additionally it’s important to still be able to identify the original logo and you are not allowed to redesign the logo itself. Since Cheap Monday has registered its logo as a trademark, the participants are not allowed to use their created Cheap Monday logos outside the competition.
11.2 The design provided to us by the winner after the competition has ended needs to be a high resolution picture with at least 300 DPI or vectorised to be able to collect the prize. If the winner can’t provide this, we will have to choose another winner.
12. There is no purchase requirement to enter the Competition and there is no charge to register for use of Instagram.
13. Multiple Entries are accepted. However, only one of the same person’s Entries may be printed on a tote bag. The participant will not be able to choose which one of its entries that will be printed; the final decision is made by the judge.
14. Cheap Monday has the right to, at its sole discretion, immediately remove any material deemed offensive or in any way breaking any of the competition rules. Any discriminating elements in the entrants will be reported to Instagram.
15. Entries will be judged by Ireneo Ciammella and Carl Malmgren. Entries will be judged on the creativity, originality and the execution of the remake of the Monday’s original logo. The Competition is a game of skills and chance plays no part in the selection of the winner.
16. 1 winner will be selected by the judge and contacted latest within 5 days after the end of the competition period. The winner then has 5 days to accept the prize, at latest 2017/11/24.
17. This competition has one winner only. The prize will be 15 t-shirts for the winner with his/her own design printed and we will do an additional 25 T-shirts that will be sold on our website as a limited collaboration and you will also receive a flat fee as royalty for them.
18. The Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize cannot be returned nor exchanged in any of our own Cheap Monday’s stores or retailers, physical or online.
19. The Prize is awarded at Cheap Monday’s discretion and no prize will be awarded as a result of improper actions by or on behalf of any entrant. Cheap Monday, acting reasonably, reserves the right not to select a winner.
20. The Winners will be notified via the same channel where the Entry was uploaded, i.e. Instagram. The Winner needs to claim the Prize and submit additional information (information needed: full name/date of birth/address/phone number/e-mail address) within five days of receiving the notification on Instagram. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable, failure to claim the Prize within this time or failure to submit additional information may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
21. Cheap Monday cannot be held responsible for any costs associated with winning the Prize, else than what is specified in the Rules. If costs such as taxes or loss of income would arise as a result of winning the Competition, they shall be covered by the winner.
Intellectual Property Rights & Use of Entries
22. You specifically grant Cheap Monday a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty free, worldwide license to moderate and use your Entry on any of Cheap Monday’s marketing channels.
23. The Entries and associated usernames will be public to all. By entering the Competition and accepting the Rules you agree your Entry can be broadcasted via digital feeds.
24. By entering the Competition and accepting the Rules, you agree that Cheap Monday may use your personal details for the purpose of conducting the Competition, including the use of your username.
25. By entering the Competition, you give Cheap Monday permission to contact you via Instagram if you are the Winner and to use your username on Instagram to announce the Winners on Cheap Monday’s Instagram, website, physical stores, social media and newsletter. Cheap Monday will not add the Winner or any entrants to our mailing list.
Limitation of Liability
26. Cheap Monday will not be liable for any system failure or malfunction of Instagram/Twitter/Facebook/Pinterest/Snapchat or any consequences thereof.
27. Cheap Monday accepts no liability for any loss, damages or disappointment arising from entering the Competition or in any other way relating to the Competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
28. The Competition and Rules will be governed by Swedish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Sweden. If you access the Competition outside of Sweden, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws.